At Churchmead we believe that all students deserve a high-quality wide and aspiring science education. We understand how Science has transformed lives and is vital for the future, so have carefully planned a broad Curriculum in line with the National standards.
The Curriculum is rich in both practical skills and knowledge thus giving the students an enjoyable provision and preparing them for higher education and careers in science.
We aim to:
- To help students to grow an analytical mind and encourage curiosity about science and the natural world.
- To support students to obtain knowledge, understanding and skills to solve problems and make informed decisions in scientific contexts.
- To encourage students to advance in scientific inquiry, to plan and carry out practical using a variety of different apparatus and draw relevant conclusions.
- To present scientific ideas, arguments and practical experiences accurately in a variety of ways.
- To think analytically, critically and creatively to solve problems, judge arguments and make decisions in scientific and other contexts.
The successful approach to teaching and learning in Science at Churchmead School will result in an engaging, high quality science education that provides students with the foundation for understanding the world. Allowing them to embark an A ‘Level /BTEC course or a career in science.
The Practical lesson lessons will encourage students to develop skills in team work, problem solving, analysing data and much more. These transferable skills will create an all-rounded individual and can be transferred into other subject areas.