Dear Parents & Carers
If you are receiving certain benefits, a FREE tasty and nutritious school meal is available for your children at Churchmead School…BUT YOU MUST APPLY!
Look at the benefits:
- A free school meal for your child, which is good for their health and could help their learning
- Savings for you, worth over £350 a year.
- Extra money for the school through Pupil Premium, worth at least £900 a year.
Apply for Free School Meals…
it’s quick and easy using the online form at: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/rbwm/
Do you qualify?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupils can qualify for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.
How does it work?
- Checking whether you qualify and registering is really quick and easy – do it online at: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/rbwm/
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year) and the school gets extra money to help your child and others in their class.
- If you don’t want your child to have a free school meal they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify, and are registered, the school still gets the extra money.
Please contact us if you need more information.